A7rII clunks when I switch the camera off !!??

The Sony's run a pixel mapping routine once every 30 days or so. It's normal and a welcome feature. I used to shoot Fuji which are very prone to stuck/hot pixels and one needed to physically send the camera in for this.

You can also force the Sony to re map pixels by changing the date at least one month ahead.

It's funny that this topic went to pixel mapping - I just received my replacement A7RII and after doing the initial configuration there was a white (stuck) pixel visible when the lens cap was on. Didn't have this issue with my first camera. After restarting the camera the white pixel was gone. I am guessing that on initial startup the camera does a pixel mapping after the first restart.

In body S e n s o r cleaning probably. There used to be a way to disable or adjust it to manual or automatic. It can be set to come on when you turn on the camera or when you turn off the camera or full manual control.

Every Sony with in-body stabilization that i have owned has had this feature. It literally uses the In body stabilization to shake the sensor.

In contrast to the a6000 that uses a ultrasonic system ( and in my option does very little)