Sony 28mm vs Zeiss 35mm

Hi everyone,

Entry level shooter here!

New to the world of Sony cameras, recently purchased the a7ii and I gotta say, it's quite awesome coming from a Nikon(other than cost of lenses).

Been using it with a Sony 28mm f2 and I still have the option of returning it for the Zeiss 35mm f2.8 for a few more days, any thoughts on those lenses?

I plan on getting the 16-35 for my ultrawide eventually, so either of these lenses would be within that range anyway. Worried about the f2.8 low light performance particularly

Since the 28mm is relatively new, have a hard time finding good comparisons or reviews to the 35mm f2.8, which I think is the other ~entry priced prime.

The distortion is a bit eye catching when I compare the uncorrected raws to the jpegs, and since a strength of the 28 is to shoot wider angles, edge softness doesn't sound very appealing.

Thoughts on how those 2 compare? 

Thanks

I have had the 35/f2.8 for a while and got the 28/f2 intending to update to that plus the wide (21mm) adapter.

I was a bit put off by the distortion, and didn't find the extra 0.8 aperture that useful. The adapter is also quite large, it doesn't save you size or weight compared to the 16-35, and I the the 16-35 is better quality.

I also found the extra length of the 28 just pushed it over pocket size, so I prefer the 35's size as a leave-on-the-camera lens.

My current walk about bag is the A7S with 35 f2.8, voigtlaender 20mm (+canon adapter), and will include the Zeiss 85 (when released).

For hikes/holidays and times I want the best coverage of lenses I take the 16-35 mm instead of the 20mm, and a samyang 135/f2.