DigitalMinds Photography

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• I have to agree with XKAES, I bought a book by David Busch and that is way better than any manual.
    • I made the move from Canon DSLR  (5D MKIV) to Canon mirrorless (R6) keeping the DSLRs just in case. I was very disappointed with the R6 so I part exchanged it for an A7 IV. After a week using this camera I was so impressed that I packed up all my Canon kit and  part exchanged it for a second A7 IV and a range of lenses and accessories. Now one year later I am still delighted with the change. The move from Canon to Sony was not as easy as the move from Canon DSLR to Canon mirrorless. The main reason for say this is the menu structure of the Sony is so completely different to the Canon structure. Once you understand it and the different terminology, there is no problem. The camera layout is no quite as straightforward but again once you are used to it there is no problem. The most important factor for me is the overall performance of the camera. The Sony is superb, great, super reliable autofocus, high image quality, first class in body stabilisation, light weight and support for great lenses both Sony and a huge range of third party lenses. 
    • I just got back into photography after an 8 year break. Before that  I've been a Pentax fan since 1978. I have a bunch of Pentax glass and bodies , both film and digital. When I started back up last year I bought a used Pentax K1 II. I soon realized that it's autofocus system was dated. I then decided to switch to a Sony mirrorless system. I also bought a Monster Adapter to use the Pentax glass on the Sony. I think I can use about 5 of my more expensive Pentax lenses. So far I'm very pleased with the switch to Sony.  
  • Topics