Does ASP-C 16mm E mount work in full frame mode?

I noticed that some guys were using different regular amount wide angles and getting them to work, in full frame mode on the FE cameras. Not turning ASP-C on. Trey Ratcliff has an example that the zoom does in fact work, but I'm wondering about the 16mm prime.

The regular E mount zoom he was using, he said 16mm was the best focal distance in full frame mode with no blackness in the corners.

All E-mount lenses will "work" but have varying degrees of vignetting. I expect you're refering to the 10-18mm; because they must cover from such a wide area, super-wide angle zooms are the most suitable of all types of crop lenses to mount on a full frame.

Primes are more likely to be made to optimally/only cover just the area they're designed for. Reviews say the 16mm vignettes relatively strongly even on a crop sensor, so I expect it'd be completely black in the corners and possibly even the sides of a full frame sensor (sorry I don't have the 16mm to try it out myself).

So, highly unlikely to fill the frame but might still give a usable or even nice effect, like a low-distortion circular fisheye.

You can try removing the rear baffle:

I don't know if it makes any difference though on the 16mm.  It makes a small improvement on the Sigma 30mm.  However, the baffle serves many functions, including dealing wtih flare and stuff.  So removing the baffle may not be good for all shooting environments.