Voigtlander Super Wide Heliar 15mm f/4.5 III

mopswerk

A7s

No correction of distortion !!!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday , I had more time (and light) to test the Voigtläner with my A7s:

No corrections !

attachicon.gifDSC02659saf.jpg

100%corner-crop:

attachicon.gifDSC02659safc.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC02661saf.jpg

100%corner-crop:

attachicon.gifDSC02661safc.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC02728saf2.jpg

100%corner-crop:

attachicon.gifDSC02728safc.jpg

This is VERY impressive if no corrections. The first thing I look for and notice on WA lenses is the distortion. I know it can usually be corrected in post. But it's very annoying to have to do so and it causes some pixel loss and sampling, etc.

I just got on board the Sony bandwagon and was very disappointed with the native FE 24-70/4. Distortion on it is rather awful.

Seeing these straight lines right out of camera in your pics makes me very hopeful. And honestly, that has far more impact (to me at least) than slight purple fringing or slightly soft corners.

Again. I see no visible distortion on your vertical lines in these pics (which have a lot of verticals in them!). Very well done, Voigtlander!

• 1 month later...

I imagine this lens requires an adapter to work with the A7 bodies. If so, which one would you guys recommend?

Great images here.

I am using the Novoflex. Additionally: Just in case you want go Ultra-Wide-Macroish, then you could also consider a helicoid adapter allowing you to focus close. That way it's even pssible to get some Bokeh out of this lens :) :

17321244464_7ff22ca294_c.jpgAs Blurry As It Gets

by Henrik Fessler, auf Flickr

Even the bokehg rings from this lens are pleasant, and the colors come out so good ...

Back to the Helicoid Adapter: There's cheap ones available (like mine), then there's VM-E Adapter (a little bit of a too high price tag) from Voigtländer, and there's a not too expensive one from Hawke's (possibly I'll look for a used one)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am using the Novoflex. Additionally: Just in case you want go Ultra-Wide-Macroish, then you could also consider a helicoid adapter allowing you to focus close. That way it's even pssible to get some Bokeh out of this lens :) :

17321244464_7ff22ca294_c.jpgAs Blurry As It Gets

by Henrik Fessler, auf Flickr

Even the bokehg rings from this lens are pleasant, and the colors come out so good ...

Back to the Helicoid Adapter: There's cheap ones available (like mine), then there's VM-E Adapter (a little bit of a too high price tag) from Voigtländer, and there's a not too expensive one from Hawke's (possibly I'll look for a used one)

Do you have links for the inexpensive adapters that you mentioned?  I would really appreciated it.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 7R with the 15/4.5 mk3 and the Voigtlander close-focus adapter (a very heavy adapter, fwiw) work well for me; I think the vignetting and corner IQ issues are acceptable. It's a fun lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Just got this lens. It's amazing! Very sharp even wide open, and no perceptible distortion.

The main bad thing is that there are many green/magenta chromatic aberrations near the edges, and on the a7r, it's quite soft in the corners (presumably due to the thick filter stack).

9b77f6b4794881d73dd9fb09e420db130d25c102

f2e69865b9a1422935f27fc21b8dab72495fc3c6

fb231d5971a5636f82cc45e05ed6a3b666fe4e47

9e3d2c2956a43b0099dd3e7eb1b08a6d1dbd511c

Just got this lens. It's amazing! Very sharp even wide open, and no perceptible distortion.

The main bad thing is that there are many green/magenta chromatic aberrations near the edges, and on the a7r, it's quite soft in the corners (presumably due to the thick filter stack).

But then you don't have version 3, right? The third version is said to have all this corrected.

But then you don't have version 3, right? The third version is said to have all this corrected.

I have version 3. Version 3 primarily corrects the magenta cast (different from chromatic aberration). The softness issue is greatly improved but the softness in the corners doesnt't go away entirely (the a7r is supposed to be somewhat worse in this regard than the regular a7 or a7II).

Abc66Si.jpg

6605b76e0d.png

DSC05749_1000.jpg