Does a6000 lcd have true black coating like nex range

I am about to replace my nex 6 for an a6000 even though I swore I would never buy another sony camera after I remove the lcd screen saver I had put on the camera from new specifically to protect the lcd, only to find that removing the old screen saver also removed a great chunk of the stupid true black coating sony applied to these cameras. This seems to be a comon fault which affects resale value of course.

Having played wih the a6000 in store I noticed that the screen appeared not to have the coating but I can't be sure so if anyone knows for sure I would appreciate it if you can confirm that is the case as otherwise this known fault and the fact Sony chose to do nothing about it is enought to put me off and I will probably go fuji instead.

I've had a6000 for more than two years without any issues with the screen.

When I got the camera, I removed the plastic film that protects the screen from the factory and installed Expertshield screen protector.

http://shop.expertshield.com/sony-alpha-a6000.html

You just need to make sure that screen is clean before you install it and follow the installation instructions.

I do not know what would happen if I would remove the protector, but I do not see why I would take it off, unless I would damage it somehow.

That protector is pretty much invisible, you cannot really see that there's anything on the screen.

Easy solution:  Put screen protector on without removing anything.

Puzzles me. Just what might one remove before applying

a protector ? I've only ever applied one, and there was no

need to remove anything. Just clean the panel and apply

[on a Canon if that matters ... ]. 

Just what is this black thing that I haven't ever noticed on

my Nex-6 [which is not with me, and I'm 6 hours and also

4 weeks away from home base so I can't go look-see].

Austerror - thanks for taking the time to comment but it sounds like you are unaware of this problem so my advise to you would be if you have fitted the stick on type screen protectors like I did to all your nex cameras and after time they start to lift at the corners like mine did after 2 1/2 years I would advise you remember my experience and don't be tempted to replace them as you may just have the same problem I did depending on what type of screen protctor you used of course, good luck.

Jake2 - Thank you as well for trying to answer my question as it was a6000 owners I was hoping to get a response from but by your comments you are not able to answer my question either. As to your question you might decide to replace the one you have fitted on your camera if and when the corners start to lift up as all of these stick on protectors eventually seem to do in my experience, I guess it depends on which ones really stick and which ones come off easy intentionally or otherwise.

Golem - Maybe you did not read my question properly and yes it does matter as canon do not use sony true black coating, but thanks for your comments.

This one is perfect, it'll last the life of the camera.

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/ACMAXX-3-0-HARD-LCD-SCREEN-ARMOR-PROTECTOR-Sony-Alpha-6000-A-6000-DSLR-KIT-/261443028699?hash=item3cdf3806db:g:tasAAOxyY9VRLUtF

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• 2 weeks later...

OK to answer my own question which btw was does the a6k lcd have that crummy true black coating like nex series and not what is the best screen protector I should use, the official answer for anyone else who might be interested is no it does not.