Sony FE 24-70 GM F2.8

Thank you Enrico, your review is appreciated. Often It seems to be blood sport for members of sony alpha rumors to rip apart a member's impression of a lens or camera. Clearly you have spent a lot of time testing the 24-70 GM and I don't believe you have made any extreme pronouncements one way or the other. Your work is appreciated.

As an owner of this lens I have to say I have been pleased.  I have the Batis 25, Sony Zeiss 55, Leica Summilux 75, and the 2.8 90Macro G as my main primes. I like and use all of them all, but I am beginning  (because of time involved or situation) to rely more on the 24-70 GM. So far the results have not disappointed.

+1 for Enrico's review and also for Old Dog's comments.  The 24-70 GM is simply stunning.  Of course I wish it was a little lighter and smaller, but am I happy most of the time to put up with a little extra weight and length to get IQ rivaling the best primes without the hassle of switching lenses and potentially missing shots?  Of course.  Sony has made some mistakes, but this lens is not one of them.