Sigma 20mm f1.4 Art Lense with Commlite Adapter on A7R II

I've been using this lens on my A7R II for around 2 Months now and I have to say, that I'm totally satisfied with it.

The AF is quite quick and accurate on the Commlite EF to Sony adapter. AF-C works really nice in photo mode and okay in video. But in AF-C the HSM motor is a bit noisy.

Sometimes the lens is not recognized by the camera. I don't know if that's a problem of the lens or the adapter. This happens around every 3rd time I turn it on.

Maybe the Metabones adapter will do a better job, but I haven't tested that yet.

Anyway, the 20mm f1.4 Art is a pretty amazing lens for landscapes, astrophotography, architecture and even people!

It is always sharp in the center, and has a good sharpness in the corners at f2.8. There are nearly no flares, chromatic aberrations are acceptable for this focal length and the Bokeh is super-smooth!

I can recommend this lens to all A7 II and A6300 users! But maybe it will perform a bit better with the Metabones adapter.

Here is how the lens looks on the A7R II:

http://imgur.com/Cc3hHyw

And here are a few sample Images:

vvEub3E.jpg

zhNFb9s.jpg

9MikYp4.jpg

Been using mine with the MB IV T since December and it has been pretty good. It does however, exhibit a similar behavior (less frequently than every three power-ons) in that AF doesn't engage without a restart. The lens is detected, all other controls and communication work, just no AF.

I received my copy of the new Sigma MC-11 adapter several weeks and it has been running flawlessly with it. Needless to say, I am now only running Canon branded lenses on the MB IV T.