Zeiss Batis 18mm LR lens correction filter?

I imported a few images from the new 18mm and went to apply lens correction as I usually do but didn't find the 18mm listed? Any ideas how long it typically takes Adobe to update their lens correction filters when new ones are released?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I suspect you might be one of the only people on the planet with the Batis 18mm, so maybe not too much pressure on Adobe...I am confident the lens will be supported on LR in the fall when the rest of us get our hands on the lens!

Got mine a week ago. So we are at least two. :-)

Will probably take another 2 to 4 weeks.

I am also using P1 and DxO - no profiles available either.

Same for the new G 70300mm. :-(

• 2 weeks later...

As Batis 18 owners I am looking for some feed back, I am spoilt for choice on lens selection, Batis 18, Batis 25 Loxia 21. One of the uses of the lens will be wide angle astrophotography and I am interested in anyone's opinion [i'm leaning to the Batis 18]  - Garth

Guest all8

Batis 18 or 25 should be better for astrophotography, in theory, as they have a flatter field of focus when wide open. Batis 25 is a stop faster, which matters, however the wider options might be better for composition.

So far I've used only the Batis 25, I was very happy with the outcome and experienced no problems. The rubber focus grip is easier to deal with when the weather is _cold_. I will try the Loxia 21 next chance, however I'm not sure how the field curvature will work out, probably not too well.

Keep in mind that all of these lenses focus beyond infinity. What I have found with the Batis 25 is that the first moment the infinity symbol shows in the center position of the OLED, thats infinity, and then you can go a bit further ... "to infinity and beyond".

I live in an area with high light pollution, and a surprising number of overcast days each year ... so accept this sample for what it is.

https://500px.com/photo/152908139/night-silhouette-by-tim-rule

• 1 month later...

As Batis 18 owners I am looking for some feed back, I am spoilt for choice on lens selection, Batis 18, Batis 25 Loxia 21. One of the uses of the lens will be wide angle astrophotography and I am interested in anyone's opinion [i'm leaning to the Batis 18]  - Garth

Hi Garth,

I have been using the Batis 18 on my A7s Mk2 for astrophotography for a couple of weeks now and I am very happy with the results. The corners look very good. If anything I would like the lens to be a little bit wider but other than that I am super satisfied. The lens profile in camera raw does a great job with a little bit of vignetting in the corners.

Focus wise, I have been using a Bahtinov mask (SharpStar2 lonelyspeck.com) which works great on the A7s. In my case the focus is right at the infinity mark on the lens as TimDe pointed out in his post.

Cheers!

-bill