video editing software for Sony AR7ii

I am just starting to dabble into trying out video on the AR7ii and wish to see if folks can recommend an inexpensive software for editing.  I have Landscape for stills, but did not want to invest into other Adobe products at this time.

Jim

If you want to dabble "high end" you can download Davinci Resolve for free.

There is (used to be?) free software known as Openshot which might or might not play with xavcs and run on a pc. I'm also Mac so I don't know much beyond FCP & Resolve.

(Sorry - posted at the same time as above!)

I just checked and it said the free one has ultra HD, I am downloading it now and will try it out later to see if it really does import my 4K on the free version later tonight.  FYI

Davinci Resolve is good with it's strength in color balance/grading however it is lacking in other features, such as transitions and other edits keeping it from becoming a full blown independent processor. It is great for learning an to have but realize it was designes as an intermediate step, ecport footage from other programs, such as Premiere Pro or Final Cut, Process, render out and reimport into Premier Pro, Final Cut or other high end program. A great program to have at "free", learn from it but recognize it's limitations.

A one time, Gimp (the free open source photo processor) had a sister video program, but I don't see it anymore and it wasn't as popular as Gimp.  You may also want to consider the programs that fall in the $99 range - Adobe Premiere Elements, Corel VideoStudio, Sony Movie Studio which many times are 'on sale' and usually offer a 30 day free trial to try. One thing I found about free trials is that not based on your email/download but on the computer installed, so if you have 2 or more computers you can stretch is to 60 or more days. NOTE: Sony's Movie Studio is in their "Home Products" section, not their "Vegas Video" section which is their pro line.