Anyone own the 70-200 F4 G lens - the white / grey one ?

I dont have, nor have I used the 70-200G so I am writing mostly to see other peoples feedback. I have the 70-200F2.8L IS version II and use it on a a7RII with a metabones mk4 and it is suitable for portraits and the still work I do. I have not shot sports in years so I can't comment on its tracking speed.

I use it on either single point or face detect and both are fairly good. did a studio shoot solely using face detect and it did a good job but had a few missed shots, but no than my 5dIII if I don't use single point and carefully focus each shot. actually i would argue it was better. Bit I am betting that if I had Eye-AF that all the shots would have been spot on. Eye-Af is the sole reason I am considering native lenses... if only metabones could trick the body into thinking it was a native lens... but I imagine that Sony would not allow this.  

I own the Sony 70-200 f4 g. I find it sharper than the canon 70-200 f2.8 that I had. Focus speed might be slightly slower than the 2.8 canon in lower light but as I have sold my canon zoom I cannot give a precise figure. Focus hit rate is considerable higher with the Sony. Great contrast. One thing to get use to is the opposite zoom rotation to the canon. I am very happy with the lens and yes eye and face detection work amazingly well. Hope that helps