What lenses for very small interiors.

Georgios

First of all congratulations for your webiste. I really like it. I am an amateur photographer who just bought a sony A7 III camera. I am searching advice on what lenses to buy in order to shoot very small rooms (10-15 square meters) and bathrooms (2 to 5 square meters). I have a friend who owns a small b & b and he asked me to shoot his rooms.

Quick answer, it depends.

If you need an ultimate solution, there is no alternative to getting a 12-24 zoom,plenty of choices new and used. If all you need are some pictures for your friend and then you are finished either you can try borrowing the lens, doing the job and returning it, or you can try taking some pictures with your current lens and sticking them with a picture joining app. It won't be perfect but if the pictures don't need to be enlarged too much, it works and comes for free.

On another point you might not have thought about.  Since this is for commercial purposes -- a B&B -- it's very important to get the lighting correct.  That's not as easy as you might think.  Get as much interior lighting into each room as possible, and make sure it is EVEN all around.

Also, since your friend is going to be making $$$ on your help, you might want to consider some sort or remuneration -- a 12-24mm lens is not cheap, although you might find it very useful.

XKAES' advice is really valuable.

First define expectations. Friends and relatives, seeing you with a camera, might expect professional results, forgetting that a professional has not only a camera, but a lot of other equipment that makes the difference. Plus the experience of shooting in similar situations. Pictures taken by professionals of hotel rooms are very different from the ones taken by guests, even when the latter are using a good camera and lens. My recommendation is give a try with your current equipment and show the results to your friend and ask him if it fits the job or if more professional shots are needed. At the same time ask him to provide you some examples from the internet of the kind of pictures he has in mind, and see if they are within your reach. In the end, XKAES suggest, you could get some remuneration and invest it in the equipment. Back in the '90s I got a 80-200 2.8 in exchange for one year of pictures of a volley team home matches.