Phormula

Phormula

Hello!

I am a long time Nikon user, I started back in the 80s with a FM2 and manual focus lenses.

I still use my Nikon equipment, which has been updated over the course of the years, and I still use my original FM2 with 35mm manual lens and B&W film.

However, lugging around with a DSRL and a set of lenses takes after 40 years takes some toll on my back making anything farther than a few hundred meters from the car intrinsically not photogenic... 😀

The need to travel light on vacation back in 2019 forced me to add something lighter, i.e. one camera and one lens. After some internet search I bought a A6300 with the 16-70 /4 Zeiss lens and I haven't regretted this choice. Actually it was a pleasant throwback to my youth, when I was wandering around with a SRL and 28, 50 and 105 mm fixed lenses. At the time zooms were an expensive thing and extreme wide angles or telephoto lenses something out of reach for a student. Being "forced" to "normal" perspectives means paying more attention to composition and having to walk a few steps to make the shot a meaningful one. Since then I have added a 55-210 mm zoom (again, chosen for its lightness) and I also bought a A5100 with the kit lens, which I use to take snapshots in my business trips. I really like the quality of the images that I can get from my Sony cameras and their lightness allows me to take them in situation where I would otherwise have relied on my smartphone. As usual, the best camera is the one that you have with you when you want to take a picture.