A5000 "writing to the memory card, blah blah"

The card was formatted and a 3min video made.
The record button pressed at teh end of the video and the camera turned off after a minute or so.
half an hour later another video was going to be recorded, camera turned on and once
the camera was pointing at the right place record button pressed.
After a second or so screen goes black, lens sucks itself back in and screen tells me "Writing to memory card was not completed correctly"
and offers me options to recover data. 

This happens a lot. Some times saying yes to recovering the data seems to work,  I can later transfer all the files off the
camera, some times I end up with it telling me I need to format the card.
What am I doing wrong?

New 64Gb card formated in the camera.  Card checked out ok with H2TestW. Card formated before making the first short video. Nothing on the card as it was formatted, well there is the PM home partition that the camera creates.

I tried a 16GB card from my Pentax, it did the same as the new card.

I tried the camera this afternoon[doing the same thing twice expecting a different outcome?]. I intended on formating the card then doing five 5min videos, stopping and turning the camera off for half an hour after each video. The camera gave me the "writing to the memory card was not completed correctly" error twice and I had to go through the file recovery screens each time.  When I tried to transfer the files PlayMemories showed five clips, one broken, I selected the four good ones and when I tried importing them I got the cannot find a source message.  I tried the card in a card reader and that was pretty similar to play memories, but I did get the 4 files off the card with it.
I guess I am going to have to send the camera back.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Well it turns out old card was a bit iffy and the new card is a fake.

The card has the right volume but checking the cid it's not made by PNY.

The camera doesn't error and loose stuff with a half decent card in it.

I put an old version of playmemories on an android phone, camera was identified
as I stared the programme running.  Can't see the program is of any use, I was hoping for a
live view and to be able to start/stop recording.