My Sony A7Riii footage is the outdated 'Interlaced Scan'??

My Sony A7Riii footage is recording footage in the outdated 'Interlaced Scan' and not 'Progressive Scan' as advertised. It's very confusing as the manual and any information I have found informs me that the A7Riii only records footage in Progressive Scan. This is simply not the case. I have the most recent V.3 firmware. I've tried every available record setting. I have confirmed that my editing software in set for Progressive Scan. There's literally nothing else I can do. 

Probbaly just wrong config, all the Sony gen 2 and newer have the same options for interlaced modes. 

Interlaced 25i (50i) and 29.97i (59.94i) are still standard modes in the HD options from all Sony bodys alongside timecode support over HDMI/SDI these allow the camaras to be complient for direct to air or legacy systems or even save card space in a pinch.

In settings, Movie page 1, and Setup page 3 is ware resolution and framerate/scan mode control is defined.

Interlaced is avalible in 2 modes, HDMI out when set to 1080i and internally when the "File Format" is set to AVCHD.

Progressive is avalible in 4 modes, 1080p & 2160p/1080p modes for HDMI output and inside the XAVC recording modes under "File Format" for both 1080p & 2160p from 50mbps to 100mbps.

Of note the HDMI output is 8-bit 4:2:2 reguardless of Interlaced/Progressive scan modes.

Digital interlaced files however is not like analouge interlaced, you can run it though QTGMC with somthing like StaxRip and easily get passable results with practically no effort. 

If its recording interlaced in the XAVC modes samples of the files would be intresting to see as this would be a really cool bug to try and replicate as interlaced is still useful.