Decisions, decisions

Rum

I have an A6000 and have owned it for about 10 months. I'm not sure I'm getting the best out of it, but the pictures I get are pretty good I would say. I have the lens that came with it (e 3.5-5.6/pz) and so far no others.

I have a significant birthday coming up and a bit of money put by. My dilemma is this: despite the A6000 being touted in some quarters as a DSLR killer, I'm not 100% sure that is the case, when I think of Nikons (for example) I have owned in the past.

So - should I make a big purchase, i.e. a Nikon D750 (full frame and all. or persevere with the A6000 and but myself a couple of decent lenses to make the most of it? 

Given the focus of the forum I think I know what the response will be but opinions and discussion most welcome!

i would not go for a new camera!

no question......go for better lenses!

the difference is much more significant

the kit lens is not so great i mean it is o.k. but there are so many great lenses out there

if you think about full frame in future buy a full frame lens like FE55 or FE28

if you like manual focusing there is such a great choice of impressive glass out there!

what about loxia 50 or 35mm? or adapt voigtlander lenses like nokton 35 1.2 or heliar 40mm 2.8 or ultron 35mm 1.7

if you need AF the FE28F2 is a good choice for APS-C (42mm) and FF 

it depends much on your shooting stile...is 50mm to long? than maybe the APS-C Lens SEL50F18 with OSS  is great

I have the nex 7 and the kit lenses are pretty crap,  I bought the 18 - 200 and the 10 - 18 both great lenses.  If I was choosing 1 it would be the 18-200.  The camera is permanently in my rucksack and takes great pictures.  I also have an a7r which is great with the primes but the nex is a great walk around camera.