Zeiss Batis 85mm f/1.8 Lens shipping?

peterbkk

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I got my 85MM Batis yesterday from B&H.  I ordered it on June 29th.

Took this photo this morning:

A7 Mk II body 85MM Zeiss Batis at f22, 1/200, ISO 2000

Check the detail at 100% crop.  And of course this is poor resolution.

I love this lens.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

ilovehatephoto interviewed zeiss reps

http://ilovehatephoto.com/2015/11/05/ilhp-and-zeiss-at-photoplus-expo-2015-exclusive-interview/

"Zeiss Managers: First we would like to apologize for this situation. We are well aware of the problem and it goes without saying that we are not happy with the situation. We have to admit that we have been surprised by how popular the A7 markII series (A7II, A7rII and now the A7sII) has become over the past few months. The demand for the Batis lenses have been a lot higher than expected. We are working on this to reduce the waiting time as quickly as possible."

hopefully it's addressed soon

Zeiss has recently disabled customer comments on their site and deleted all the old ones  (used to be about a 100 - all with the same message).  Clearly they did not like customers criticising them for slow delivery and lack of transparency in dealing with their customers.  Shutting down the comments seems like a backward step...

http://www.zeiss.com/camera-lenses/en_de/camera_lenses/batis/batis1885.html

IMO you should get your name back on the wait list!  Zeiss will not have any problem selling them, so might as well ...

Zeiss is quite active on Facebook, its possible to interact with them there. Facebook community is much larger, makes sense to keep the thanks and praise in one place   ;)

Here is my 25, looks good     B)   (a German company that knows how to do curves ... L could learn from that). Photo taken with a rarely used Ricoh GR ... which is still the best designed camera out there. I should do a comparison with the 25 mm ...

• 2 weeks later...

I had great luck going through Berger Bros (www.berger-bros.com).  I hadn't previously been a customer, but noticed they had a good reputation online and were authorized zeiss dealers.  He turned around my order for a 85mm in a few weeks.  I then followed that up with an order for the 25mm.  That took about 3 and a half weeks, but I am finally getting it shipped out to me today.  That is certainly a better experience than those who have been waiting for months from Adorama and B&H.  

I would definitely give them a call when you make the order and ask for Brad(feel free to let him know James said to ask for him).  I've been super impressed with their service and will definitely be ordering from them in the future.

Just to be clear, I don't work for, nor do I get any special treatment from berger-bros.  I'm just happy to endorse a vendor that takes good care of me.

Really love the 85mm and from what I've seen on the 25mm online, I expect I will love it as well.

I read the previous post and decided to give them a call, well email.  Brad sent me his direct line and set up a time to talk.  Called him later that day and he told me he would get one to me by the following week and he would have more within 10 days.  He processed my order, took my shipping info, and answered a few questions.  How often do you have the owner of a shop help you out that much when your 1500 miles away and have never been in his store.  They earned my business and will in the future.  Thanks to the previous poster as I have a Batis 85mm on the way to my door.  I was able to cancel an order I had with another company, that had told me I might see one in February or March....    

Give them a call tell Brad Paul recommended them.

www.berger-bros.com