Older versions of Imaging Edge Desktop

Hi there, I recently purchased an A7R IV and still trying to figure out how to use it. I downloaded Imaging Edge Desktop on Windows 7 Professional but couldn't download its Remote/Viewer/Edit components. It always threw an error saying "Encounter an issue" and then it just crashed. Does the Imaging Edge Desktop version 1.0 work on Windows 7?

Due to an incompatibility issue of my external drive (used on Windows 7 before) with Windows 10, I have to stick with Windows 7. But now since downloading Remote/Viewer/Edit doesn't work, I cannot even process the raw files. 

Does anyone know where I can get a version that would work with Windows 7? Any help/suggestions would be really appreciated. Thank you.

I've always had lots of compatibility problems with every version of Windows for software and hardware.  Sometimes I was able to fix them, sometimes somewhat, and sometimes never.  That's why I have different computers with different versions of Windows -- from 3.1 to 10 -- using different software and hardware.

After you determine, as best you can, what version of Windows your software was ORIGINALLY designed for -- not always easy, but check the DATE on the CD/DVD -- find a computer with the version of Windows for that year.  An additional approach is to use WINDOWS COMPATIBILITY feature, which allows you to tell your version of WINDOWS what version of WINDOWS your software was made for.

You should do this in TWO ways.  First, before you install the software, run the SETUP program with the COMPATIBILITY function.  If you don't, it may not fully install correctly.

Then, after it is installed, use the COMPATIBILITY function to actually run the software.

Most versions of Windows, has a COMPATIBILITY WIZARD to help along the way.  There is also a lot of info on-line about using it.