A7rii - Hot pixels or something else?

Hi All,

In the process of testing my A7rii for any issues I found some strange artifacts shown below in the top 2 imaged (I am aware at 300% this is extreme pixel peeking). Does anyone know what they are? Are they hot pixels or something else?

They are not in the same image taken with the A7r which is why I thought they were strange as I was expecting the image to be as clean.

Am I just worrying about nothing.

ISO100

f2.8

Fe35 2.8

Taken on a tripod.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Hi All, on the Sony A7r, there was someone that had Hot pixels and wrote how to remove them or should I say in the process he went threw the camera mapped them out, I think it was DPreview or FM.

Found it thank's to snapsy on FM: Those likely aren't stuck pixels - they're just hot pixels from the long exposure. You can tell for sure by forcing a stuck pixel remapping cycle, which previous A7-series models do automatically I think every 30 days. To force the cycle, set the camera's clock a few months forward then power the camera off. When you do you should hear some loudish shutter noises - that's the camera performing a remapping cycle.

Worth a try?

Christopher  

tried the remapping but it has not got rid of it. (Plus I though that the hot pixel issue was just shutter speeds in the seconds)

The good news is that processing through Photoshop and even with sharpening does not show the issue as much. But the sharpening in Capture One seems to exacerbate the issue as it seems quite aggressive even by default setting (Amount=120, radius=0.8 and threshold=1)

I am going to see what sony have to say about it anyway.