Sony Image Edge Webcam latency issue

Hey, so I've been trying to turn my old A7ii into my desk webcam via the Image Edge Webcam program. However, I've experienced a 300ms-500ms latency.

Now if you're wondering, yes, I've tried all my options. I've tested with my A7riii and the same issue. I've used a different PC, same issue. Different cable, same issue.

Just wanted to start a discussion to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue and has a workaround or solution!

On 3/25/2021 at 4:37 PM, Toby said:

Hey, so I've been trying to turn my old A7ii into my desk webcam via the Image Edge Webcam program. However, I've experienced a 300ms-500ms latency.

Now if you're wondering, yes, I've tried all my options. I've tested with my A7riii and the same issue. I've used a different PC, same issue. Different cable, same issue.

Just wanted to start a discussion to see if anyone else has experienced the same issue and has a workaround or solution!

I would really like to say something useful here, but I can’t. A friend of mine had the 300ms-500ms latency issue, and even when he sent his camera to two different experts to repair it, they literally didn’t know what to do. If you end up solving this problem, please post the way you did it.