A6100

I wouldn't have thought that someone called D700 would worry so much about a couple of extra microns.

What do you think why I sold my DSLR stuff years ago ;)

It's a fact that IBIS makes the camera more thick as the sensor needs room to move.

See Sony A7 vs. A7II +19%)

http://camerasize.com/compare/#487,579

Again: The A6000 is a very nice camera; if Sony makes it more bulky with IBIS & Co. I won't buy ist

I just want to ask those who have owned nex's before. From nex 5 , 6 , 7 to a6000. Did the sensor improve over each model ? Like the image quality ( not ISO / or lowlight capabilities ) improve.

Let's say same setup.

A kit 16-50 lens on good light and iso 100 from nex 5 to a6000. Which has the best image quality and sharpness?

I am interested in the A6100 and will be upgrading from RX100 (original) and a borrowed Nikon D5100 with f2.8 zoom (17-55mm) when more than RX100 needed.    

Dream camera would be RX100 with 17-200mm (35mm equivalent) with the f1.8-2.8 range up to 25-50K ISO and still pockatable.  Rx100M3 comes close but zoom too limiting.   All the P&S including RX will disappear if they do not keep getting better.  I hope Sony does a A6100 (24MP+) and A6100S (12-15MP high ISO) which would be the other dream camera (A6100S specifically). I think the A6100S is more interesting than an A6100.  Agree 6100 has to offer more as A6000 is a sweat camera system with one glaring gap. I am surprised no one suggested the A6100S. 

My only concern is the Emount lenses do not have a 2.8 zoom (min 15-50mm) from anyone. This is the glaring gap and I do not want adapters.  I am not sold on primes as not a PRO photographer and do not want to be switching lenses. I have also used a Canon Rebel with primes and always miss the shot cause have the wrong lens.  

I am also interested in the A7S as believe the A7S with F4 zoom lens may be ok for what I want but also think too expensive and overkill for what I want. A6100S to me is what I need. I want to go see some friends bands play in dark dingy bars and take pictures that do not look horrible.  RX100 can work but has limitations.  No matter how good the mobile phone camera these pictures look crap.   Also some dark venues the Nikon f2.8 takes lousy pictures.  Remember hobby bands do not have the budgets for lighting like a big act. The ability to upload to Instagram, twitter etc with a good quality picture is a game changer to me.  This alone has got me to almost pull the trigger on a A6000.  Every reviewer on the web never covers this use case (i.e. dark bar or club).They take pictures outdoors and in well light restaurants as the dark scenes and never talk about the social media aspects. 

Also would love a mic jack for mic jack.  IBIS is an interest to me as well. Silent shutter to me is a biggest want as I hate SLRs making noise whereas my RX100 or any P&S can go totally silent.  

Would love to travel with mirrorless camera and A6000 is travel worthy in my opinion (not sure on A7 or say a NX1 or Pana G7 are).  The Nikon DSLR with or without 2.8 zoom is not. I shot an outdoor multi-day music festival with the Nikon and by day 3 my arms were rubber and so were most other photographers who slugged it out for all 3 days.  So getting DSLR capabilities out of a A6000 form factor is amazing. 

If I do not go Sony (which only will happen if Sony really messes up), i may look to Samsung. Samsung has a f2-2.8 16-50mm for the NX1 and NX500 but NX1 is bigger and NX500 may not be as good as a a6000 never mind a6100. Samsung also has a f2.8 50-150mm so they do have the low light zoom better covered.  For me a 16-50mm kit lens and a 50-150mm f4 or f3-5.6 is great for outdoor travel.  Samsung's improvements in new firmware is very impressive.   

I also love the a6000 as a good (not great) small kit lens and cheap underwater/waterproof cases for that combo.   I used an old Canon P&S and underwater case to climb Mt Fiji as I would not even want to trust most SLRs with the particles on Mt Fuji.  So weather sealing is not that important for me.  The Rx100 was not good underwater in my opinion so expect A6000/6100 to be better.  The underwater pictures of the A6000 and A7S look stellar so A6100S is to me the ideal combo. 

Agree Touchscreen would be great but not a deal breaker.  Also great for reviewing pictures.  Everyone knows how to swipe to move to next picture even a 1yr old.  Focus points good as well and changing settings on screen is beneficial. Those against it just have not used it.  However can live out as Rx100 does not have it and Pana P&S I have used do.  Low light image quality is the key in any camera, not MP, IQ, touch screen etc for 95% users.  Sony RX100/A6000 dials and feature setups work well for me and love that I could go from a pocket Rx100 to a A6100S and the menus just work the same way.   

4K h.265 would be really nice as in future will help resale value as eventually (within 2-3yrs) 4K will be everywhere.  I think 4K in A6100 will be really not great quality like Samsung NX500 when 4K becomes important. Kinda the adage that Gen 1 stay away.   Eventually 4K 60fps will be the norm and will have A7000 or A8000 for that. I would like to buy A6100S now and then move to A8000S in 2-3yrs.