Powering A7rII

Hi everyone,

is it possible to power the current mark II series cameras by a power bank via usb?

i found an option in the menu, but it doesnt really work so far.

this would be highly appreciated for timelapse videos since the batteries do not hold that long, as everybody knows.

cheers

well i just tried yesterday and it does work, battery is being charged while i have a power bank attached via usb

if only sony could get their job right when it comes to the purchase of their overpriced apps, i wanna buy the timelapse app and it always tells me "an internal error occured".

looks like i am not the only one with that issue, but apparently no real sollution

if only sony could get their job right when it comes to the purchase of their overpriced apps, i wanna buy the timelapse app and it always tells me "an internal error occured".

looks like i am not the only one with that issue, but apparently no real sollution

Trying on a Mac? The softwares are only available for PC's.  

Playmemories

No problem with Mac, works like,it should. On the other side I don't find that the apps are overpriced. If you look at the price of an external device, remote, the price is always a 10x or more higher.

The advantage is also that they do regular upgrades as well. Even if you have 5 different cameras you have only to pay once....

And of course you can use an external battery but found out that not all cables are working. So check them before you go on a trip...

Have to make a correction regarding playmemories,

Only used the mac for upgrading the software af my A7's, never for installing or upgrading playmemories apps.

Always did it with my wifi connection.

Sorry