Batis 18mm minimum filter diameter

I am wondering if it would be possible to use a smaller than 77mm diameter filter size on the Batis 18mm.  I am not one of the three people that own one yet, so I cannot test this question myself.  Specifically, I am interested in learning if the Lee Seven5 system could be deployed using a 77-67mm step-down ring attached to the lens (for use with Lee's smaller NDs and Grad NDs).  From pictures of lens on line, it appears the front element is significantly smaller in diameter than 77mm, which suggests that this application might be feasible.  Additionally, I suspect that others have tried this same technique with other lenses as well (perhaps with screw-on, rather than drop in filters).  Thanks!

As Colorado said - with such option you'd be out of luck. Stacking just two standard sized filters can disturb on focal length below 20mm.

I am using the Lee 100 system with wide adapter rings. On the Batis 18 I do only use the two filter holder, not the four, because then the filter holders are too high.

I think I was comparing to a lens like the Canon 17-40mm.  It has the same filter size but a much large actual lens diameter.  I suspect then that it has less to do with the front element diameter, but rather with the radius of that front element: larger radius for the Canon, smaller for the Zeiss.  Thanks for your input.

I have the Lee 100 system already, was just hoping to downsize...thanks again.