Sign in to follow this  
tsk1979

A7 shoots the Andromeda Galaxy

Guest PenGun

How did you deal with the dark frames? I was sloppy, used a few, probably less than I should have, but it worked great. This was with my Fuji, I think the A7 series may automatically require more dark frames, I have not tried it with my a7R yet.

Hi - I'm impressed by these and intend to have a go. I have an A7s and an A7ii - which one should give the best results? I'm thinking the silent (electronic) shutter on the A7s will be an advantage? Not sure I fully understand "dark" and "bias" frames... As a total beginner here any advice for a basic reliable set up appreciated (I have very solid tripods with arca ball or fluid heads).

Thanks!

Tim

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By bdrc
      Bright Sky by RICO Lee, on Flickr
      Single long exposure, whitebalance, colour tone and local brightness contrast adjustments done with Capture One; further processed in Photoshop for denoise and stacking up extra layer of same shot using colour dodge blend mode for emphasizing highlights. Tweak overall tone with LAB colour profile, and export. 
      Sony A7m3
      Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8
      FB: https://www.facebook.com/ASDgraphy/
    • By koraydansevgilerle
      Sony A7 S2 Time Lapse Video
      https://youtu.be/ciQbHq0RbbY

• By Defyyy
      Hey guys,
      i want a lens for my a7r2 to make some sick astro shots any recommendations?
      i thought about the Sigma AF 1,4/20 DG HSM A Sony FE-Mount