Help with setting image quality settings "per" slot?

It helps if you tell us which camera you are using. Two CFeA cards could be an A1 or an A7RV, at least (I don't recall if there is another body with two dual slots yet).

What you are looking for is in the Record Media settings. I'll assume you are using an A7RV, but the menus are similar in the A1.

To specify where still images go on an A7RV you need this setting: https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0003057060.html

You have already set the video setting, in here https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2230/v1/en/contents/TP0003057061.html which is in the menu next to it - surprised you didn't find it. Possibly because Sony uses symbols in place of words - the symbols for still images is just a camera, while the symbol for video is a "movie camera". Not always the clearest choices.

My apologies, yes the A7RV ... this one:

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I was able to find it, but what puzzled me was the image below where Camera and Recording media are set ... just below the Image Quality Setting option.  It shows slot 1 with "-" in the first column and for slot 2 with a "-" in the 2nd column?  See below:

Cheers, Rob.

4 hours ago, Rob Ainscough said:

My apologies, yes the A7RV ... this one:

I was able to find it, but what puzzled me was the image below where Camera and Recording media are set ... just below the Image Quality Setting option.  It shows slot 1 with "-" in the first column and for slot 2 with a "-" in the 2nd column?  See below:

Cheers, Rob.

You can, for example, record JPEG or HEIF to slot 1 while recording RAW to slot 2 - that dash above the RAW means that you have no still image format recording to slot 1. You could also tell the camera to record RAW images to both slots simultaneously (and that display shows that you haven't!). Or you can set it to record RAW + JPEG or RAW + HEIF to a slot. You notice how the stills column is wider than the movie column? That is so it can show RAW + HEIF - the movie column only needs to show the movie icon.

The dash against slot 2 below the movie symbol for slot 1 means that you didn't set "record movies simultaneously to slots 1 and 2" (if you had, the movie symbol would be against slot 2 as well).

If you wanted to get really exciting you could record RAW+JPEG simultaneously to slots 1 and 2, and movies simultaneously to slots 1 and 2. That would be a bit silly, but this display lets you show it!

Thanks for the clarification.  I didn't realize first column represented stills and the 2nd column represented movies.  Based on that clarification I do have the camera setup the way I want for storage paths.

To save a little money, I have 320GB for Slot 1 (video) and 160GB for Slot 2 (stills) ... I may need to bite the bullet on more storage as .ARW files are 120MB each.  With that said, this camera does very well even at Auto with quick point and shoot with no tripod and handheld (didn't even set AI to birds) to JPG (cropped):

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Getting very impressed with this camera the more I learn it or even when I don't learn it.

Thanks for your assistance.

Cheers, Rob.