Simple video edit/convert for A7RV 8K

I made the mistake of shooting some videos in 8K.  Nothing on my PC will play or handle these and I want to down-sample to 1080P or 4K without buying or learning any fancy software.  I read that PlayMemories should help with this but when I go to install it says "The following devices are not supported: ILCE-1, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7RM5, .......".  What software could I use to replace this?  PS - VLC could not handle the 8K files.

23 minutes ago, Sony captive said:

I made the mistake of shooting some videos in 8K.  Nothing on my PC will play or handle these and I want to down-sample to 1080P or 4K without buying or learning any fancy software.  I read that PlayMemories should help with this but when I go to install it says "The following devices are not supported: ILCE-1, ILCE-7SM3, ILCE-7RM5, .......".  What software could I use to replace this?  PS - VLC could not handle the 8K files.

Correction - I can now make VLC work to convert the video.  For some reason one of my converted 8K videos came out black for the first 10s but I think that must be a glitch in the file as other videos convert OK.  I guess I'll wait for my hardware and software to evolve before shooting 8K again .  (likewise for HIF which should be great but is still pretty useless on windows.  )