Sony A7r IV - Image Shaking Wiggling

Hello,

Well, I just received my Sony A7r IV and I wanted to take some photos to check the quality. I noticed that the image was wiggling repetitively in the same pattern or sequence. I first thought it was the tripod that was vibrating, but even when I hold the tripod still with my hands, the shaking was still there, so I changed the lens to the Sony 90 mm macro G, still the problem was there. I hocked my A7III on the same tripod with the same lenses, and there was no problem at all, so I guess it’s something weird with the A7rIV. After some time, the image became stable and I have no idea why. I tried to replicate the problem by letting the camera cool down etc, but I was not successful.

I am just concerned that there’s a problem with the camera that might be triggered from time to time without me knowing the root cause.

Do you know what this issue is related to please?

Please see this video that shows the problem. 

• 2 weeks later...

When on the tripod, did you turn off the in body image stabilization (termed Steady Shot by Sony) and any optical image stabilization in the lens? The routine advice is when on a tripod, turn off the camera IBIS and the Lens OIS (although I think some cameras may not engage IBIS in this situation).

If the image stabilizes when both are off, you are started to finding the cause.