How to fix exposure changing as the subject moves in Video mode on the Sony a6000

I am looking to find out why the exposure changes on my subject as they are moving around the screen.

Problem

I am shooting videos for health care professionals explaining and moving around the screen (demonstrating exercises etc)

When they move around the screen the camera looses focus on them as a target, then the exposure shoots up and they look back with an over exposed face. 

I am unsure why this is happening, has anyone got an idea or know of a video to explain what to do?

Cheers.

I'm not familiar with your particular use case, But abstracting this to the general requirements, I regularly have to deal with a similar situation when shooting spherical panoramas (360x180), which involves looking straight into the sun as well as looking the opposite direction. The individual shots end up being merged, or "blended" into a single spherical panorama.

This requires some preparation: switch your camera to Manual mode, then observe , how the brightness conditions change while you do a full 360 round view. Adjust the exposure (shutter, aperture) to acceptable values for your main directional range of view and leave them fixed throughout your session. ISO will float.

If you don't like that, set ISO to a fixed value, or a narrow ISO range, too. Be aware, that this may result in underexposed, as well as overexposed footage, depending on the variations in lighting throughout your session. You'll have to find a good compromise.

Only thereafter start the actual shooting.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145899543@N02/42078994555/in/dateposted/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/145899543@N02/41170536440/in/dateposted/

Edited by Chrissie
typo