• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RGLmotion

RGLmotion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 12:17 AM

Advertisement (Gone after free registration)
Hi guys,

Looking at replacing my primes with the Sig Art 18-35. I know it's maxed at 1.8 but what's at the other end of its aperture?? My primes stop down to 22 on some of them, can't find anything on the Sig about its full range of Fstop.

Any help would be great, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 EvilTed

EvilTed

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 27 August 2016 - 01:44 AM

From B&H

PRODUCT HIGHLIGHTS

• Aperture Range: f/1.8-16

Personally, I wouldn't bother. It's a tank of a lens and has focus issues on Canon and Nikon, so it's going to be worse on Sony.

I tried one on my D500 but returned it.

#3 GARoss

GARoss

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 07:57 PM

Do keep in mind that this is an APS-C lens which can be used on FF lens cameras but probably will result in vignetting at the perimeters.

I own this lens. I currently use the lens on a Canon70d. It is fantastic. If you plan on using the lens with a Sony camera purchase the Sigma MC-11 converter + Sigma USB Dock. With the USB dock you can upgrade the lens from use on a Canon camera, foe example, to best performance on a Sony. Then you can further fine tune the lens, if desired, to your preference as to how you like to focus. Probably sounds more difficult than it is but really it's not bad at all. The USB dock can be used on several of Sigma lenses.

HTH!

#4 molan

molan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:59 AM

Or buy the Sony A-mount version depending on you current adaptor.

I have the lens for A-mount and it's great, tack sharp wide open, but I did have to use the doc to adjust AF. 

However with AF sensors on the sensor, there should be many problems AF this lens on E mount if you use the LAEA3.

#5 MaTiHH

MaTiHH

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hi there,

it's simply the best PAS-C wide angle lens. 16 is correct, I've been using this lens (via LAEA3) for a while and never found that an issue. Absolutely no focus problems on any of my bodies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

x

New Members Welcome!

Not yet registered? Really?

Registration is free and takes only a few minutes.

After the free registration you can discuss with members from all over the world, put questions and present your images.

We are looking forward to you!

Admin Andreas und Sony Alpha Forum Team

Register now! X