BlizzCon with the Voigtlander 35/1.2

Jaemie

Sony 7R @ f1.2, ISO 100, 1/10

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Thanks. It's such a fun lens to use; the focus feels wonderfully smooth and the aperture clicks are sure and familiar. Of course, it also weighs a ton! People whine about the $109 minimalist lens hood and say it's plastic, but it's really a very light metal and strong and solid. Plus, it locks. Voigtlander's close-focus adapter adds more creative possibilities, too.

Splendid bokeh, indeed, but also very sharp stopped down a bit.

Thanks. It's such a fun lens to use; the focus feels wonderfully smooth and the aperture clicks are sure and familiar. Of course, it also weighs a ton! People whine about the $109 minimalist lens hood and say it's plastic, but it's really a very light metal and strong and solid. Plus, it locks. Voigtlander's close-focus adapter adds more creative possibilities, too.

Splendid bokeh, indeed, but also very sharp stopped down a bit.

Cosina Japan makes Voigtlander lenses -- they also make Zeiss lenses, so they have a bit of know-how in the lens making field ; ).

The lens is my low-light special. Careful of the "onion effect" if you're going to be using the close focus adapter. When focusing close, the bokeh gains a "spiral" effect. Some people like this, some people do not. Lens has some aberration at f/1.2, disappears by f/1.8

15679148597_8575c209e2_z.jpg

Shoot often, post more. Welcome to the forums. 

Cosina Japan makes Voigtlander lenses -- they also make Zeiss lenses, so they have a bit of know-how in the lens making field ; ).

The lens is my low-light special. Careful of the "onion effect" if you're going to be using the close focus adapter. When focusing close, the bokeh gains a "spiral" effect. Some people like this, some people do not. Lens has some aberration at f/1.2, disappears by f/1.8

You are correct: the close-focus adapter, while fun and sometimes helpful, produces some interesting and not always welcome effects. Stopping down can help a bit. That's an interesting cross effect in your xmas shot. Neat!

You are correct: the close-focus adapter, while fun and sometimes helpful, produces some interesting and not always welcome effects. Stopping down can help a bit. That's an interesting cross effect in your xmas shot. Neat!

Thank you, you're not the first to point it out. I always found myself using this lens at F/1.8~f/2.0 for tack sharp results with CA and reduced vignetting. I also typically get 500 or so shots with a single battery and a manual focus lens. It's amazing how much electricity is spent driving the motor and communicating with the lens.