Send to smartphone

After upgrade to firmware 3.2 in my ILCE 7RII I have not been able to connect the camera to the smart phone. Before upgrading the transfer of photos was working ok.

Has somebody had same problem? Any ideas to overcome this issue?

I just upgraded to firmware 3.2 last week and was able to transfer photos today from my ILCE 7r ii to my iPhone running PlayMemories Mobile 5.6.0. I used Wireless Apps 1>Send to Smartphone, changed the wifi SSID from my home wifi network to the camera's network - then the camera started trying to transmit and then I went back into PlayMemories Mobile app.

• 9 months later...

I'm trying to cut down on the number of touches in Playmemories Mobile on an iPhone to get a picture sent to my phone. I have to do the above as described by dillonic. I'd like the iPhone to automatically connect to the sony camera created SSID network without me having to actually touch select it on the iPhone wifi settings. In the a6500 profile that the camera installs in Settings I have selected "Auto Join", so when the SSID "Direct.....ILCE-6500 the iPhone should auto join the network, just like when you walk into a coffee shop with wifi....

Won't work.. Anyone have any ideas?

And yeah, I know the iPhone doesn't let apps access to system apps, but I don't understand why auto joining a network won't work in this case.