IBIS with aps-c

oston

I was sure that this question would have been asked, but nothing came up in the search.

Is there any feeling about the odds of an IBIS (5 way) on an Alpha camera with aps-c sensor.

I'm very tempted by the 7M2. None of my e-mount lenses are FE, but I might move to FE if there are no plans for IBIS with the smaller sensor.

Jim

Difficult to say, but with the roadmap for 2015 Sony recently released, it seemed from the layout (FF and APS-C merging into the goal areas) that IBIS was a core Sony differentiator which they were using to corner the market. Since we have to wait until new year for A7ii anyway, why not wait and see - my guess is any new APS-C cam will likely be announced along with the probable A9 announcement in Jan too?

It seems obvious that IBIS-5 is anticipated for APS-C as

well as full frame. Sony and Fujifilm are the only serious

contenders in the genre and Fuji has so much going for it

in design and features such that relatively speaking Sony

bodies are hardly more than "adapters" that hold a lens in

place in front of a sensor. An APS-C rendition of the A7II

would put Sony right up alongside Fuji, an opportunity

that Sony cannot afford to ignore.   

I'm very tempted by the 7M2. None of my e-mount lenses are FE, but I might move to FE if there are no plans for IBIS with the smaller sensor...

All of my lenses and Bodies are without stabilization.

I don't miss since years, for me its a bad kind of hyping ...

All the lenses I have, besides the one I purchased with my A6000, are for the DSLT series.  I started with A65 and I now have the A77II.  I was hoping that the mirroless cameras would have IS built in but that's not the case; I was hoping that the E-Mount to A-Mount adapter would have IS built in since my lenses don't have it built in, but alas that is not the case.  

I've even thought about getting a E-Mount to Canon in order to have IS.  I would rather focus manually than have blurry images.  I hope that Sony continues with the in body image stabilization. 

All that said I do love both my beauties. 

All the lenses I have, besides the one I purchased with my A6000, are for the DSLT series.  I started with A65 and I now have the A77II.  I was hoping that the mirroless cameras would have IS built in but that's not the case; I was hoping that the E-Mount to A-Mount adapter would have IS built in since my lenses don't have it built in, but alas that is not the case.  

I've even thought about getting a E-Mount to Canon in order to have IS.  I would rather focus manually than have blurry images.  I hope that Sony continues with the in body image stabilization. 

All that said I do love both my beauties. 

Am I reading you correctly ? You'd rather buy an expensive

adapter and use Canon OIS lenses MINUS autofocus rather

than just skipping the adapter and buying native Sony OIS

lenses that DO provide AF ? I don't get it. Whatz in it 4U ? 

BTW, we should be seeing IBIS in E-mount anytime now so

start saving your loose change. As for an adapter with OIS,

while that is technicaally feasable, it would hafta be quite a

bit larger and more expensive than the LAE2 AF adapter as

the LAE2 has no optics and OIS requires a moving optical

section [after all, that "O" in "OIS" stands for "optical"]. The

best hope for an "OIS adapter" lies in the SpeedBooster

type of adapter. This would be great for Fuji cameras but it's

economically unlikely cuz it would be ONLY for Fuji cuz the

SpeedBooster market includes M43 and Sony cameras as

well as Fuji, but since Sony will soon add IBIS and M43 has

it already, the Fuji-only marketability kinda dooms the idea

as being for too limited a market to cover its development.