Sony Alpha 9 slowing down issue

Hi,

has anyone has any slowing down issues with their a9?

When I use the aperture and time dial the responses are so bad that it nearly takes up to 2/3 seconds to change.

Sometimes lags terribly as well. If I switch off, the camera actually takes up to 5 seconds to go off.

The AF is slow as well. Tried multiple, lenses, cards, batteries and still have the same issue.

Apparently once it's been on for a while, like 5 or 10 minutes, hanging down on my shoulder it gets worse.

As soon as I switch it off and back on again, the issue is gone for a few minutes then gets bad again.

Anyone have any ideas?

Its hosting the latest firmware to this date.

Many thanks.

Alex.

Just now, LiveShots said:

I've never experience anything like that on my A9, I've used it for hours at a time with no response time problems whatsoever.

Has the camera always done this or is this a recent thing, if the latter then has anything changed on the camera recently ? Like new memory card, battery etc.?

Neither have I. I’ve always used it for long hours and never had an issue then suddenly it just started. I would say about a month ago. No difference in anything. As said, tried with many cards and batteries but does the same. 

The only thing I can think of is if there is a piece of dirt or something that is stuck inside a button so that the camera thinks that button is being continuously pressed which may cause a delay in detecting other control changes… try pressing each button to make sure it feels right, pops back up etc.

If that does not work then maybe try the RESET thing...

1 minute ago, LiveShots said:

The only thing I can think of is if there is a piece of dirt or something that is stuck inside a button so that the camera thinks that button is being continuously pressed which may cause a delay in detecting other control changes… try pressing each button to make sure it feels right, pops back up etc.

If that does not work then maybe try the RESET thing...

As a matter of fact I was actually in the process of checking this out and seems the little button on the left we keep down to move the Focus around is a bit harder than normal. Might be either breaking or dirty? 

Then noticed another thing is shows top left screen an M and S continuously changing as if I were changing the program dial, but I am not. It’s always in manual. Tried to play around with it and will see if anything changes. 

Say it was either or both of these, what would you suggest?

thanks.  

First of all, on my a9 I never experienced anything like this either.

Then, on the other hand, I used to work in 2nd level support with customers. One of the most frequent things you'll ever hear in this context is: "I didn't change ANYTHING, but all of a sudden ...".  More often than not, this boils down to: the customer DID change something, but did not realize this was significant. That's why he couldn't report on it.

That said, and no offense intended: AlexClass may have changed something and was not aware of its significance. I would take such statements always with a grain of salt.

One of the first things which comes to my mind would be something in the realm of WiFi connections now enabled, and leaving the camera searching for a configured access point or something like that. Just guessing. And good luck. Would be nice if you keep us posted on what actually fixed your issue.

1 minute ago, Chrissie said:

First of all, on my a9 I never experienced anything like this either.

Then, on the other hand, I used to work in 2nd level support with customers. One of the most frequent things you'll ever hear in this context is: "I didn't change ANYTHING, but all of a sudden ...".  More often than not, this boils down to: the customer DID change something, but did not realize this was significant. That's why he couldn't report on it.

That said, and no offense intended: AlexClass may have changed something and was not aware of its significance. I would take such statements always with a grain of salt.

One of the first things which comes to my mind would be something in the realm of WiFi connections now enabled, and leaving the camera searching for a configured access point or something like that. Just guessing. And good luck. Would be nice if you keep us posted on what actually fixed your issue.

I’ll keep you all posted of course.

WiFi access has ever been used. It’s not one of the things I use.