Lineup advice

Sebastiano

Hi everyone.

I'm a casual shooter with mg a6000. I mainly shoot portraits of my children. I use E20/2.8 for full body shots and e50 1.8 oss for close up. I'm happy of the results, said that I usually print 15x20 or a4.

Now I'm facing Teo issues:

1) I'd like to have less dof at 20mm or similar focal length than the one of f2.8

2) My daughter (4yr old) started dancing. I assume I need a telephoto fast prime..the only solution seems e85/1.8

Do you have any advice?

I second Tinplaters option of the Sigma 16mm f/1.4, though I can't speak from experience as I don't own one. I am however considering to replace both my Samyang 12mm f/2 and Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 by the Sigma 16mm. Size and weight is something you'll have to put up with if you want a quality lens with wide aperture.

For your information, the Sony 24/1.8 is an awesome lens and a viable option for your purposes (though possibly not wide enough). The only reason I'd part with it is to reduce my kit size. It's a bit expensive though.

As for the fast telephoto option: the 85/1.8 is indeed the only option if you want an affordable lens with native AF. Too bad the Sigma 50-100 f/1.8 doesn't come in native E-mount.