Travel Flash

I took a look through the forum by searching but didn't find what I was looking for. I don't know much about on camera flashes but I'm looking to add one to my travel kit. Keeping the size and weight down are of concern to me. So far I've came up with these choices:

Godox TT350S Mini

Sony HVL-F20M

Nissin i400 TTL

I can vouch for the TT350S being a nice size and performing as well as you can expect for a 3V unit. Decent UI too.

I honestly don't know about the extra value of more expensive flash. I find manual exposure easiest when using flash so I think the best value is in the full-size manual category e.g. YN560.

Hello

I have the Neewer NW400S which has a guide number of 36 to 100 ISO.
It is excellent for interiors, you can use it, front or back from the ceiling, or by turning it to the side.
Lightweight and small enough, I find it ideal to take on a trip.
I think the Godox you mentioned in your message is more or less the same product.
I recommend it if you do not have professional pretensions and you want a better flash than those that are usually mounted on cameras.

I have both the TT350S and the V350S.  The batteries don't last in the TT350S and TheV350 lasts for a very long time so, I would recommend the V350S.  In every other way they are the same flash but the V350S Lion battery is better, cycles faster, and last longer.  Get the V350 unless you like throwing money away buying batteries and waiting between flashes for the flash charge to build up.

The tt350s is great for travel. I have been using this since even with other brands. The only thing I don't like with it is the bounce diffuser it came with it is too loose, maybe my unit is not as tight as it should be. In short, I lost this and the it took a while before I can get a replacement from the Canadian distributor. There is one in Adorama for U.S$9.99

https://www.adorama.com/fplfxp0018.html

but the shipping cost is triple the price of the unit. So I waited for almost a month for the Canadian distributor to get their supply. Moral of the story, don't loose your bounce diffuser.

The Canadian distributor cost with shipping by the way was Cnd $27 for 2 pieces.