Sign in to follow this  
gosman767

Low cost Macro lenses

Anyone using the Meike 85mm macro or the Samyang 100mm macro, I would be using them on my A6000 or Nex 6 body.

Unfortunately the Sony 90mm macro is beyond my means, would be interested in any comments on these cheaper macro lenses.

Any other options I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

Hi. I see that like me, you aren't getting many useful replies! Have you settled on a useful macro option? If not, can I recommend a Raynox DCR 250? It mounts to the front of the kit lens, or any similarly sized lens, and gives very good macro images. And it's insanely cheap!

24 minutes ago, Labrat1955 said:

Hi. I see that like me, you aren't getting many useful replies!

Are you familiar with the term "leech"? Look at the history of your posts: you're trying to drain know-how without contributing to the forum at all. You get what you pay for! This is a forum of volunteers, not a paid-for service hotline where you can complain about the quality of service.

Edited by Chrissie

Indeed I didn't really feel inclined to reply to your last post @Labrat1955 after I answered your previous question and you gave me zero response. Leech sounds like a fitting term for such behaviour. People voluntarily take the time to answer your question to the best of their abilities, at least have the decency to reply if an answer was helpful to you or not.

Edited by Pieter

Cheap macro lenses usually give cheap results.  I have been using the Sigma 60mm with extension tubes.  Image quality has been very good, although extension tubes are not as flexible as a true macro lens.

BTW I agree and understand this isn't a paid service bureau.  If the right person happens to see an inquiry and chooses to reply then you will receive that individuals opinion.  Opinions are often stated as facts, they are not facts.  My opinion, of which I am the world's leading authority may not be correct for the person seeking assistance.