Can you use Pentax APS-C lenses on an A6000?

I have been shooting Pentax APS-C DSLR for a while now. I just bought a new A6000 and I am wondering if it is advisable to use my Pentax mount lenses on it?

I have a Sigma 50mm 2.8 Macro lens, a Pentax A SMC 50mm F2 and a Vivitar 100mm 3.5 Macro. I also have some zoom lenses but plan to sell them with the camera.  Should I try to use these lenses with my A6000, or would it be better to sell them and buy E mount lenses?

There are some adapter for Pentax K to Sony E-mount (e.g. Fotodiox, Novoflex) but they are all 'dumb' adapters, meaning no electronic contacts between lens and camera. Focussing, aperture control, lens stabilization etc. will not work and your photo's will lack exif information about the lens used. If you don't mind all this then adapting your Pentax lenses is fine. In any other case better sell them and buy native e-mount lenses.

You could probably keep a macro lens as macro focussing is usually done manually anyway, but that would mean you'll have to spend $ on an adapter which you could also invest in a new lens.

• 2 weeks later...

I have quite the collection of Pentax lenses both film and APS-C as well as the K t0 E-mount adaptor. As Pieter said above, the only adaptor is the dumb one so really the only way they work with your APS-C lenses is wide open and manual focus. The adaptor works best with the older film lenses as even the A ones have the ability to change the aperture. Also none of the Pentax lenses have OSS as Pentax uses in body stabilization.