Can I disable the exposure compensation dial?

DrJohn

I'm a convert from Nikon so I'm not used to the Sony A7RIII. My thumb keeps accidentally touching the exposure compensation dial and messing up my exposure. Is there a way to disable the exposure compensation dial?

John

Welcome to the Sony Menu System.

If you have time to delve in the menu system and custom functions of various buttons you can actually assign nearly any action to the button of your preference.

You can also inactivate buttons and dials. For the time being, I do not have a Sony camera but on the A6000 it was easy to do once you found the right menu branch.

So get some duct tape in the meantime, and fix the symptom until you have the spare time to go to the root of it.

popcorn!

Edited by martti_s

15 hours ago, DrJohn said:

I'm a convert from Nikon so I'm not used to the Sony A7RIII. My thumb keeps accidentally touching the exposure compensation dial and messing up my exposure. Is there a way to disable the exposure compensation dial?

John

No, unfortunately it is what it is and can't be disabled short of placing a piece of tape over the dial.  I have trained myself to check the dial and the Fn menu prior to shooting and keep my eye on the dial and the viewfinder exposure bar.