Colours

Iansky

Out again today to take more photos with the 70-300 and I am very happy with the colours and the results.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As I did not find another way to comment on your gallery pictures:

I like  ILG01459-FrameShop.jpg  the best, as it shows very nice detail across the whole wingspan of the dragonfly. That's because in this image the wings extend from left to right, and are mostly in the same focal plane. Whereas in one of the previous dragonfly images (taken from the side of the object, which I also commented on), the wings extended from front to back, where you only had the center part in focus.

2 hours ago, Iansky said:

Thanks Chrissie, I am certainly enjoying the 70-300 for these type of images and plan on trying it for birds in flight next week - fingers crossed it works well.

Iansky, I am certainly very anxious to hear about your results, because for me, BIF is still something like the "holy grail" of continuous AF. Which I'm still struggling at, even with the much touted 100-400GM ...  :(

I tried the 70-300mm out on the A7iii yesterday at a Wildlife Wetland Trust, very few birds flying (large ones) so mostly shots of "active birds on the water apart from a couple of swans taking off - grab shots".

I did catch some shots of a heron fishing and just as it caught some fish.

I am certainly very happy with this combo and the AFC locked on quickly and held lock without issue despite low light and high ISO's between 800 - 1250.

This is my favourite image from yesterday.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!