New To Sony

KWE

I am considering buying a Sony NEX 7. It appears that Amazon has a handful in the 600.00  range. Is there much of a difference between the NEX 7 and the a6000? Either model is in my current price range, so they are my targeted cameras.

Also, would adapters for legacy glass be available, mainly M42. if so, can infity be achieved on either camera?

Last question - Minolta MD adapters? I would assume no infinity?

OK, I'll follow-up my own post.

After searching eBay for various adapters, I discovered these mirror less cameras will take a wide range of lenses. I found adapters for all the major brands with infinity guaranteed. So my Nikon, Pentax, M42 and Minolta glass will all be adaptable.

Autofocus is better on the a6000 (phase/contrast detect instead of just contrast detect), continuous autofocus at 11fps burst vs 3fps on the nex7, it has a bigger buffer and better ISO performance. Only reason to get the old nex7 over the a6000 is if you want a mic port or like the old controls better. But you really want the a6300 then for just slightly more $.

Long story short: don't get the nex7.

It may only overheat if you're doing 4k video for extended duration. The Nex 7 can't film in 4k so it's not an issue there. The overheating issue has been adressed somewhat by allowing you to increase the shutdown temperature threshold. This doesn't harm your camera but may cause it to become hot to the touch.