Backup camera to A7R3

I have an A7R3 that I am in love with.  Most shooting is landscapes.  Looking to get a good backup camera as I am getting ready for a couple of bucket list trips.  Any ideas that won't break the bank?  Another A7R3 is out of the question.  Was thinking maybe an A6300 but really not sure and was looking for some perspective and ideas.  Thanks!

imho best camera on the market for price/value is a second hand A7r2.  I can't believe the prices I'm seeing them on Craigslist.  And let's be honest most people don't use their equipment to even a tenth of it's life before wanting to upgrade.

Have fun with your travels.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Specifically with the A1 and 200-600G it's a firmware problem. Should be fixed with v2.02: https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/e-mount-body-ilce-1-series/ilce-1/software/00343095
    • Shot in SD with Sony a7ll.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Hello, I wanted to share the set up for tracked panoramas that I am currently using, wich is based on the use of two two way head from Sunway: the DT-03 and the DT-03R. Both heads are very steady. They are made up of two parts: 1) a 360º graduated rotating/panoramic base with a bidirectional tilt central body (adjustable with two locking levers), and 2) an upper part that, in the case of the DT-03, it is a clamp quick release plate and, in the case of the DT-03, it is a graduated panoramic screw-on rotating head, both compatible with the Arca Swiss system. These upper parts are removable and, therefore, can be replaced by other standard rotating jaws type IRC-64, or by other indexed ones. As I said, I use one of them, the DT-03, as an equatorial wedge, placed directly on the tripod or on a leveling base. Its quick release head with clamp allows me to quickly place the tracker on top and be able to align easily. To align it, I loosen one of the central pins of the kneecap a little, and leave the other loose. This way I can safely achieve the degree of inclination of the tracker that I want. That, combined with the 360º rotating base that the head has, is an excellent option for precise and fast alignment. Then I place the DT-03R on top of the tracker, and use it as a panoramic flat base on which I mount an L-plate combined with a rotating clamp. On these last accessories I place the camera, ready to shoot, being able to move it both in the horizontal and vertical axis. The DT-03R screwed to the tracker allows me to have a solid flat and rotating base on which to pan without losing horizontality and, at the same time, I can compensate for the rotation of the tracker thanks to its base, which also rotates 360º. So the set up is as follows: Both This is what I use: Tripod Leveling base (optional) Sunway DT-03 two way head as a wedge Star tracker from Move Shoot Move Nomad Sunway DT-03R as a leveled base L bracket 360º rotatory arca swiss head Here I share some photos of the set up; I hope it helps:     View: original size View: original size View: original size You can find them in the Sunwayphoto website. You can also see down below some of the photos that I took with this set up: View: original size View: original size View: original size @mallorca_landscapephotography
  • Topics