CreativeSkyPhotography

Next portrait lens for full body shots at close range.

Been doing modeling photography for a a little while. I own a 50 and 30 mm lens however still feel I have to stand  a fair distance from the model to get full shots. Great for headshots though any suggestions on a lens that I can use close up to my subject and get alot of their body in shot and can go to 1.8 and get good blurry backgrounds.  Would a wide angle be good my budget is around the £300 mark. 

Sigma 16mm f/1.4 might just fit your budget, though I doubt such a wide focal length is useable for model shooting due to perspective distortion. But that's up to your artistic taste to decide.

Another great option is the Sony Zeiss 24mm f/1.8, though that one is out of your budget.

I have shot mid body portraits with the Sigma 16mm and got very good results, I'd recommend it if you are not too picky about distortion. Lightroom has a distortion correction profile for this lens which might help. However, for full body shoots and creamy bokeh I'll better suggest a proper lens like the 85mm 1.8 but the distance factor will increase as well as the price. In Ebay you could find it as low as 500 USD.