Sign in to follow this  
Richard Crowe

A6500, MC-11 and Canon Lenses

I am new to Sony cameras and have an A6500 plus an MC-11 adapter.

Generally what is the best focus set up for this combination.

Jason Lanier seems to be able to get face detect with the A6500, MC-11 and a Canon 85mm lens (I don't know if it is the f/1.2L or the f/1.8).

I have a Canon 85mm f/1.8 lens and would like to use it with the MC-11 on my A6500 especially for portraits.

From a little bit of research and personal experience, 

Focus Area: Flexible Spot (Large or Medium)

Type of AF: Phase AF Points

Focus Mode: Single Shot

If Jason Lanier is getting decent focus with AF-C, it is most likely because he has well lit subjects. He also uses an A7III which shouldn't make that big of a difference, but it still can be the difference. He uses the 85mm F1.2 lens in most of the MC-11 reviews, so I assume he used it in the one you watched.

Hope this helps!

https://elgopro.myportfolio.com/

https://www.instagram.com/elgopro/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By jsharpe1983
      Normally I shoot video in manual mode with ISO set to Auto.  So, while recording, the ISO continually adjusts depending on lighting.  Is there a setting somewhere that prevents ISO from changing while actively recording something - and only adjusting again in-between shots?
      My use case is such that I want the camera to adjust ISO for exposure, but then lock that in throughout the shot and then re-adjust for the next one.  That way, I don't have to manually select my ISO for each shot, but also have locked in settings throughout the shot that are easier to work with in post.
      Apologies if this is an obvious "feature" which I'm unfamiliar with.  I haven't had much luck searching around for similar questions or a feature to fix it.
      Thanks!

• By Alejandro Espeche
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content.
    • By Zainob Mathew
      This film was mostly shot on the A6500. Maui is an amazing place and this was our first visit. Thanks for watching!
    • By pizzetta72
      Hi all, 
      I just moved from canon to Sony and my wide-angle lens Sigma 12-24 DG (not ART) is not recognized anymore from mc-11 (F - -) mounted on Sony A7iii.
      Could you please suggest me another wide lens with the same range at very cheap price? Or if you have any suggestions how is possible to made to work my Sigma 
    • By dansteph
      I purchased a Sony a6500 last December and I've loved using it (aside from the battery life). So far, I've used it quite a few times to conduct interviews for short documentaries or promotional work. I've conducted many interviews without issue, until now. Since I'm often working alone, I set the camera up, adjust the exposure and focus properly, and then move away from the camera to sit down and ask questions after pressing record - I always shoot interviews in complete manual mode for ISO, aperture, and shutter speed. This time I was using the Sony G- f4/18-105 lens, it was very cloudy so I had the aperture set at (f4), shutter speed around 1/200ish, and ISO I always keep as low as I can at 100. When I pressed record, the interviews were properly exposed, slowly throughout the image became brighter and brighter. By the 9-min mark, the image is so over-exposed that it is useless, and I discovered this when uploading to my computer. Is this some kind of manufacturer malfunction, is it common, or am I now unknowingly doing something drastically wrong that I wasn't before? I've attached a couple screen shots of the moment I pressed record, to the moment I stopped recording - 9:16 to show you how drastically the exposure changed. Thank you for taking the time to help out!

Thanks again,
      Dan