Need help deciding on which lens

TDoodle

I have the a7iii. I enjoy landscapes, and astrophotography. So a couple months ago I purchased the 16-35 f2.8 for northern lights and milky way etc. But now that they have announced (and soon to be released) 24mm f1.4, I really like the f1.4 on it. And everything I've read about it, it is an amazing lens and all the sample shots are really nice, but I haven't seen any sample shots in low-light/astro work with it yet.

I really like the 16-35 f2.8, but I am thinking about selling it and purchasing the new 24mm when it comes out. I've never had a prime lens before, all of them have been zoom lenses.

Is it stupid of me to sell a great lens in the 16-35mm to go to the 24mm? 

I should also point out that I do have the kit lens (28-70mm), and in the spring I am planning to purchase a 70-200mm f2.8 (with a 2x teleconverter), and then at some point (sometime between fall 2019 and early summer 2020), get a 24-70mm f2.8 or a 24-105mm f4

Hi. I too recently sold my 16-35GM but that’s because I know the reason for selling it. 

I seldom shoot at 16, and normally shoot between 24-35. I also like a shallower DOF, so I went with the Sigma 35mm f1.4.  

Guess the question is, do you need the f1.4. IMO, you should either rent the 24GM (when it’s availale for rent), or some countries allow you to purchase then return it back if you’re not entirely happy with it (my country does not do that).  

The other option is to rent the sigma 24 f1.4 for a few days, and see if you’re really happy with that length and DOF, then consider again. 

I wont sell the 1635 as you mention of your great love for it. 

Hope it helps