Sony A7rii blurry EVF

aldijo

Has anyone had problems with their EVF? My daighter (young and good eyesight) noticed that the evf was blurry. I tried the diopter settings and 3 different lenses (90mm, 16-35mm, 24-240mm) and still blurry. The LCD display focuses fine and not blurry. 

Anyone had this happen to them? Any suggestions to fix provlem? 

1. Clean the EVF window (carefully).

2. Then look through the EVF and change the diopter through the range. Does the image change?

3. With the diopter set in the middle, point the camera up and look through it, e.g. at a ceiling or tree, and give the camera a little shake. Now pivot (pitch) downwards until you're looking down at your feet while continuing to look. Does the image change? If not, while still looking down, give the camera a little shake. Does the image change?

Step 1 is just to eliminate this possible reason. Step 2 tests if the diopter adjustment mechanism does anything. Step 3 tests if the EVF lens is loose.

Yes, I understand. But you didn't answer the questions: Did it change?

If the answer to 2 is that the image didn't change while adjusting the diopter through the entire range, then the mechanism isn't moving the EVF lens.

If the answer to 3 is that the image changes while reorienting the camera then the EVF lens is loose.

You're unlikely to be able to fix it but these say something about what might be broken.