Taking Photography Seriously at 54!

Strider64

I have decided to get back into photography full time and decided to purchase my first professional camera setup, so I decided on the Sony A7R III camera. My last good camera was the Nikon D80 and I still have the camera. I was going to go with the upcoming Nikon Z7 camera, but after doing some research I heard a lot of good things about the Sony A7 III, Sony A7R III and the Sony A9. I went with the Sony A7R III camera because of the higher resolution (I like making large prints and I am a pixel peeper) and the higher resolution in the EVF. Don't get me wrong the Sony A7 III and the Sony A9 are great cameras, but those are geared more for sports photography and people who aren't concerned about pixels too much for they hardly crop. As a matter a fact I heard a really good view on the Sony A7 III camera in the quality of the pictures. I am sure the Nikon Z7 camera is a good camera, but I didn't want to take a chance with it being a first generation FF MILC camera, plus I really don't have much Nikon lenses. I'm also a web developer/designer that is in the process of making an online calendar where people can upload daily pictures and people will be able to see that date's pictures. Here's my website -> https://www.pepster.com/ if anyone cares to visit, please pardon the dust for I'm in the process of updating it. I haven't put the Calendar up, for I'm also in the process of developing that as well. I have the calendar portion working great, I just have to incorporate the images aspect of it to the calendar. 

Edited by Strider64
fixed a small boo boos