Hot pixels on a brand new A7Riii

Hey there everyone, I'm new here.
Just acquired an A7Riii 

Anyhow... something weird happened that I never saw with any other camera I owned and now I'm worried I have a faulty sensor.

When I turned it on, even before popping some glass on (body cap was on ofc), the display was black as you'd expect, but there were some red pixels going around the screen.
In a particular area I wouldn't even call them "pixels" as the pixels are absolutely minuscule, it was square/rectangle of reddish color that didn't move or disappear. I immediately thought "great... hot pixels", so I popped my lens on to check.
After turning the camera back on, now with the lens on, I could still clearly see this red region there, both on the evf and lcd. I took a picture however and... it's gone.
And after that it's also gone totally.
Is there any initiation process going on with these cameras for the first time you run them?

Anyhow, I took a couple of shots and when pixel peeping I see here and there white pixels. I'll have to run a proper test, but I'd like to know if anyone experienced something similar?
Or is it common to have dead pixels on a brand new camera? I'd say no... 

Edited by AndrePSantos

Same thing happened to me. A7Sii. No problem at first but 25 days later a pixel wonked out in 4K video mode. Not there in photos. Not there in 1080. Only showed up on 4k video. And here's beauty of BUYING LOCAL. Walked to the camera shop and exchanged it. Return/exchange date was close because it took me 2 weeks before I bought a lens before I could try out the camera. The 1st vids in 4K showed no initial problem so exchange/return before it's too late. Sending in for warranty repair on a 2 week old unit was never a consideration. There's no way I'd accept that camera if I were you. Others may not notice it (look for defect in top photo first) but once YOU know where the problem is in the image you won't be able to 'unsee' it. (Mine might have actually been a group of 4 pixels.)

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by VTC