Alternative Telephoto Lens for A7RIII

I am a surf photographer and have recently upgrade to the A7RIII from the A6000. I am currently looking at options for telephoto lenses 200mm+ to shoot the surf from the shore.

I have looked at all of the Sony options and was wondering if anyone may have some advice on alternative more cost effective options. I am trying to get the best balance for price vs quality and focal length. Will consider adapters. My budget is around $1000 USD.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

On 9/13/2018 at 10:01 AM, StumpyVision said:

I am a surf photographer and have recently upgrade to the A7RIII from the A6000. I am currently looking at options for telephoto lenses 200mm+ to shoot the surf from the shore.

I have looked at all of the Sony options and was wondering if anyone may have some advice on alternative more cost effective options. I am trying to get the best balance for price vs quality and focal length. Will consider adapters. My budget is around $1000 USD.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

How about the Sigma 150-600C using the MC-11 adapter. With the latest firmware for the adapter it’s supposed to be very good, it’s certainly within your budget and is a very versatile lens.