Problems with saturation

SGE

Hello everyone!

So I have a Sony A7R II camera but I seem to be experiencing some issues with saturation. To give you an idea, I have made two random pictures: https://imgur.com/a/vXThGWt. The first image is shot in Auto Mode (JPEG) and the second image is shot in Aperture Priority (JPEG). As far as I'm aware, both of the images have exactly the same settings, but for some reason, the saturation on the image shot in Auto Mode seems to be a lot higher than the saturation in the image shot in Aperture Priority. Do you have any idea what might be causing this issue? For good measure, I have added the EXIF data for both shots attached. Also, I'm aware that Dynamic Range Optimizer is off for the Aperture Priority shot, but even if I turn it on, the result is still exactly the same.

Thank you for your help!

EXIF Data.pdf

Intelligent Auto and Superior Auto both automatically select a Picture Effect.

In A mode you choose a Picture Effect yourself, if shooting only JPEG. You may also choose a Creative Style which works also when shooting RAW. And in each Creative Style you can adjust contrast, saturation and sharpness up and down a bit relative to default.

So I guess that therein lies the difference you observe.

Btw, DRO is not necessarily off in A mode. But it doesn't affect saturation anyway.