Travel lens

pmelsan

Hi guys

I currently have a6500 with 18-105mm f4 which is a good all purpose zoom but generally quite big.

I am looking for a very portable lens, ideally suitable for low light for travelling. I do not mind if it is a prime, but I am looking for the best compromise quality/weight and size with preference towards lower weight and size. I am thinking if the pancake 20mm 2.8 is the best option?

As a nice to have would be weather sealing (wouldn't mind paying extra for this feature).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For primes, perhaps the Sony 35mm f/1.8 or the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 might be your best bet. If you like shooting wide and want a small lens, the pancake 20mm f/2.8 would be the ticket.

However, I tend to carry two lenses a slower, general purpose zoom and a faster prime...

My ideal travel set for serious photography would be the Sigma 16mm f/1.4, Sigma 30mm f/1.4 or Sony 35mm f/1.8 and the Sony 85mm f/1.8.  This 3-lens kit would with an A6500 body weigh a bit more than you probably desire but should be well within reasonable limits. Finances are the only reason that I am not shooting with this combination right now.